Monday, January 21, 2013

Crisis – by Cinda Stevens Lonsway – Jan.2013

Crisis – by Cinda Stevens Lonsway – Jan.2013

artwork by Manon Doyle
When a child speaks, listen
When a child laughs, smile
When a child hurts, heal
When a child dreams, believe
~anonymous


There is a crisis happening in America. It is suicide among our youth. In under a year, in my children’s school district alone, two high school girls took their own lives. Within a neighboring school district, they have lost six young men and women in the past two years. Statistics show that suicide is one of the top three causes of death among our youth, along with car accidents and homicide.

I am not a psychologist, and I am not an expert on mental illness, bullying, loneliness, helplessness, shame, or self loathing, but I do consider myself a spiritual practitioner and studier of the spirit (at least my own spirit) and I’d like to take a shot at the consideration of using spirituality as a part of the solution....... read more by clicking on the title link above!

No comments:

Post a Comment