Tuesday, March 5, 2013

TOMMY T and the pea that got away!!!!

In June of 1995, I was inspired to write a poem I titled TOMMY T.  It was after my, then 2 year old son Eric, decided he no longer would tolerate peas for supper and sent them flying.  A few days later a random pea found its way back to the kitchen.  I picked it up and mused where it had been all this time.  The  poem is that pea's adventure.

Watercolorist/Artist and friend, Peter X O'Brien, did these charming and hysterical illustrations.  As a tribute to my love of ladybugs, he has hidden one on every page.  You will have a great time searching for them with your children.

For Christmas of 2013, my husband, Scott Lonsway, decided to give me the gift of a lifetime by having the story published.  This is a result of that incredibly heartfelt gift.  He and Peter worked months on creating this book.  I will be forever grateful to him and Peter for their dedication and commitment to make this happen.  And yes it was a complete surprise!

Click the link below to see for yourself, just how charming this book is!!!!  With Gratitude, Cinda

No comments:

Post a Comment